The Bureau of Labor Statistics announced last week that 313,000 jobs were created in February and the unemployment rate remained at a 17-year low. Though President Trump’s new tariffs on steel and aluminum imports have some wondering what effect they’ll have on the job market, Americans are more confident than ever that things will only get better.
Churn in the Trump administration continued apace this week highlighted by a Cabinet-level shift in which President Trump moved CIA Director Mike Pompeo to the State Department as a replacement for ousted Secretary Rex Tillerson, with Deputy Director Gina Haspel replacing Pompeo at CIA.
- Job Market Confidence Hits New Highs
- Most Worry Tariffs Will Lead to A Trade War
- Another Party Line Split, This Time On Tariffs
- Americans Prefer U.S. Manufacturing Over Lower Consumer Costs
- Consumer Spending Update: Consumer, Economic Confidence Remains High
- View all BUSINESS/ECONOMY
- Daily Consumer Index