What They Told Us: Reviewing Last Week’s Key Polls
In surveys last week, this is what America told Rasmussen Reports:
- President Biden ended the polling week with a daily job approval of 44%.
- Most Americans will spend this Thanksgiving Day at home with family and friends.
- Republican congressional leaders remain unpopular, even with their own party’s voters, who overwhelmingly want to get rid of Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell.
- Voters overwhelmingly agree with Nancy Pelosi’s decision to step down from her position as leader of the Democrats in the House of Representatives.
- Most voters are content with the results of the midterm elections, but are divided over why Republicans fell short of their “red wave” expectations.
- The number of Americans who expect to visit stores to take advantage of Black Friday prices is up this year, but most of them don’t plan to spend more on holiday gift shopping.
- The Rasmussen Reports Immigration Index for the week of November 13-17, 2022, decreased to 90.9, down more than a point from 92.1 two weeks earlier.
- Thirty-one percent (31%) of Likely U.S. Voters think the country is heading in the right direction.
Visit the Rasmussen Reports home page for the latest current polling coverage of events in the news. The page is updated several times each day.
Remember, if it's in the news, it's in our polls.
Rasmussen Reports is a media company specializing in the collection, publication and distribution of public opinion information.
We conduct public opinion polls on a variety of topics to inform our audience on events in the news and other topics of interest. To ensure editorial control and independence, we pay for the polls ourselves and generate revenue through the sale of subscriptions, sponsorships, and advertising. Nightly polling on politics, business and lifestyle topics provides the content to update the Rasmussen Reports web site many times each day. If it's in the news, it's in our polls. Additionally, the data drives a daily update newsletter and various media outlets across the country.
Some information, including the Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll and commentaries are available for free to the general public. Subscriptions are available for $4.95 a month or 34.95 a year that provide subscribers with exclusive access to more than 20 stories per week on upcoming elections, consumer confidence, and issues that affect us all. For those who are really into the numbers, Platinum Members can review demographic crosstabs and a full history of our data.
To learn more about our methodology, click here.