Toplines - Immigration Special - June 28-July 6, 2020
National Survey of 1,810 U.S. Likely Voters
Conducted June 28-July
By Rasmussen Reports
1. Have you or someone in your family lost a fulltime or part-time job this year due to the Covid-19 pandemic?
4% Not sure
2. Minorities and women have been hit particularly hard by job losses as a result of the pandemic.Should the government allow employers to import foreign workers to fill job openings instead of recruiting among these unemployed Americans?
14% Not sure
3. More than 45 million Americans have filed for unemployment since the pandemic started. To ensure that employers fill open jobs with these Americans and not with illegal workers, should Congress require U.S. employers to use the federal electronic E-Verify system for all new hires?
16% Not sure
4. An Executive Order has paused the admission of hundreds of thousands of foreign workers until the end of 2020. Should that pause be extended until unemployment rates are back down to the level they were before the pandemic?
15% Not sure
5. Should the federal government continue a program known as O.P.T. that gives tax incentives to hire foreign students who graduate from U.S. schools, or should the government end the program to ensure that the four million Americans graduating from college this year get the first shot at jobs?
33% The federal government should continue the O.P.T.
49% The federal government should end the O.P.T. program
18% Not sure
NOTE: Margin of Sampling Error, +/- 2.5 percentage points with a 95% level of confidence