What They Told Us: Reviewing Last Week’s Key Polls - Week Ending July 2, 2022
In surveys last week, this is what America told Rasmussen Reports:
- President Biden ended the polling week with a daily job approval of 41%.
- Consumer fireworks sales are skyrocketing, and most Americans enjoy the fun of shooting their own fireworks.
- Most voters expect crime to be an important issue in the midterm elections, and President Joe Biden’s approval on the issue has declined.
- Even though more voters identify as pro-choice than pro-life, full half of them approve of the recent Supreme Court ruling that overturned the 1973 Roe v. Wade decision.
- Voters trust the U.S. Supreme Court less than they did two years ago – and this was before Friday’s landmark abortion ruling.
- The president earned a monthly job approval of 40% in June, down two points from May.
- The 2022 midterm elections are now 130 days away, and Republicans have a five-point lead in their bid to recapture control of Congress.
- Illegal immigration will be an important issue in the midterm elections, according to most voters, who say the problem is getting worse.
- The Rasmussen Reports Immigration Index for the week of June 19-23, 2022, increased to 90.2, up more than one point from 88.4 two weeks earlier.
- Twenty-four percent (24%) of Likely U.S. Voters think the country is heading in the right direction.
Visit the Rasmussen Reports home page for the latest current polling coverage of events in the news. The page is updated several times each day.
Remember, if it's in the news, it's in our polls.
Rasmussen Reports is a media company specializing in the collection, publication and distribution of public opinion information.
We conduct public opinion polls on a variety of topics to inform our audience on events in the news and other topics of interest. To ensure editorial control and independence, we pay for the polls ourselves and generate revenue through the sale of subscriptions, sponsorships, and advertising. Nightly polling on politics, business and lifestyle topics provides the content to update the Rasmussen Reports web site many times each day. If it's in the news, it's in our polls. Additionally, the data drives a daily update newsletter and various media outlets across the country.
Some information, including the Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll and commentaries are available for free to the general public. Subscriptions are available for $4.95 a month or 34.95 a year that provide subscribers with exclusive access to more than 20 stories per week on upcoming elections, consumer confidence, and issues that affect us all. For those who are really into the numbers, Platinum Members can review demographic crosstabs and a full history of our data.
To learn more about our methodology, click here.