85% Say Parents Should Have Right to Spank Children, 30% Say Teachers Should Be Able to Spank Students
Eighty-five percent (85%) of American adults believe that parents should have the right to spank their children. A Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey found that just 5% disagree. Overall, 90% of men and 81% of women believe that parents should have the right to spank their children.
Want to read more?
Become a Rasmussen Reader to read the article
Have an account?Log In
Become a ReaderSubscribe
Rasmussen Reports is a media company specializing in the collection, publication and distribution of public opinion information.
We conduct public opinion polls on a variety of topics to inform our audience on events in the news and other topics of interest. To ensure editorial control and independence, we pay for the polls ourselves and generate revenue through the sale of subscriptions, sponsorships, and advertising. Nightly polling on politics, business and lifestyle topics provides the content to update the Rasmussen Reports web site many times each day. If it's in the news, it's in our polls. Additionally, the data drives a daily update newsletter and various media outlets across the country.
Some information, including the Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll and commentaries are available for free to the general public. Subscriptions are available for $4.95 a month or 34.95 a year that provide subscribers with exclusive access to more than 20 stories per week on upcoming elections, consumer confidence, and issues that affect us all. For those who are really into the numbers, Platinum Members can review demographic crosstabs and a full history of our data.
To learn more about our methodology, click here.